Railroad Forums 

• converting a document to a spreadsheet?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#590003  by GOLDEN-ARM

Trying to find some info. I've copied a spreadsheet, but it converted to a "plain document". How can I revert it back to a spreadsheet? Have a roster I want to post, but don't want to re-write an enitire spreadsheet. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance... :-D
 #591127  by GOLDEN-ARM

Darn. It was a spreadsheet, and when I "selected all" and copied, it became lines of words, sans the spaces, and boxes. No commas, and way too many lines to add commas manually. Thanks for helpin'...... :wink:
 #591500  by 1st Barnegat

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Trying to find some info. I've copied a spreadsheet, but it converted to a "plain document". How can I revert it back to a spreadsheet? Have a roster I want to post, but don't want to re-write an enitire spreadsheet. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance... :-D
Is the "plain document" now a .PDF file? If so, there are several PDF-to-word converters available on the Internet to download for free. Used one called "free PDF to Word Converter." Wasn't perfect, but it got most of the typing back into Word as characters, and the Word doc could be edited like any other Word doc. From Word you might be able to get it to Excel.
 #591623  by GOLDEN-ARM

Well, it's actually saved here, in my "Control Panel" area, as a post waiting submission. I copied directly from a spreadsheet, and pasted it into the text box, at rr.net. I'm going to post it, in a forum, if I can ever get it back into a spreadsheet type format. It's a list of numbers, then cities, states and notes, in that order, per each line. Only problem, there's like 150 lines, each with 4 boxes or entries, that need to be seperated.......... :( Thanks for the responses!!! :-D I could possibly make the spaces myself, if I had a means of creating a set of "indexes", or tabs, preset at certain locations across the page. I'm feeling like if I had a way to lock those 4 tabs across a page, I could tab my way across the list, with each tabbing action moving the text to the next margin, allowing me to jump across the lines, tabbing each piece into the exact location, as the line above it, in 4 sections. Still a long process, but better than manually moving text, trying to line up each line with the one above it.