Railroad Forums 

• Conrail West Toledo Customer

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#115717  by matt

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image. ... =23060&W=1

Above is a link to a picture of the Byrne Road overpass of the Water Level main. In the northwest quadrant of the 2 (near today's ch. 24 building) is a track that comes off of main #1 and goes north to the costumer in the photo. It's tough to see on this link but the track is still in place, and can be seen heading south on Byrne.

So who is it and when did rail service end? Thanks.

#116211  by nycrick

I've been railfanning in Toledo for about 30 years now and I can't remember when the last time I saw these tracks in use, there's actually 4 tracks inthis area. Its been a lo-o-ong time, probably in the '70s. Today these buildings are warehouses(?), I have no idea what used to be there. :-)