Railroad Forums 

• Conrail's Harrisburg/Philadelphia Line

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#131905  by No1Conrailfan

Greetings to everyone. I am working on some research information for a futuer book. I am looking for information on the Harrisburg/ Philadelphia line. I believe that it started near Phoenixville just west of Black Rock Tunnel, & went to MP 107 at the fuel pad in Harrisburg. I am not sure if this was the Philadelphia Division of the Harrisburg division. NS has recreated the Harrisburg Division thus what I am basing my research on is Philadelphia to Harrsiburg & Allentown to Harrisburg. I live in the Reading area so I am mostly familur with that area but any information that anyone can provide will greatly be apprciated. Thank you so much for your help. Phil Banks
 #660261  by Schuylkill Valley

The Harrisburg Division started at MP. 29 above the Phoenix tunnel (Black Rock) Before NS tore out the sign I took a pictures of it. but I have no Idea where that picture is today.

The Philly Division started at CP. Phoenix at MP.28 belowe the Tunnel near where the Switch tower once stood.

Hope that helps.

Leonard S.
 #670540  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

Your best bet is to locate some 1990's Conrail timetables. If I remember correctly the Phila div. gobbled some Hbg division in this time frame. I remember it was a pretty big deal for us operating T&E employees .Len,your right about the MP 29 -28 details. Some ROW employee probably has those old division signs in his basement.