Railroad Forums 

• Connecticut Trolley Museum's Type 5 5645 running again!

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#705601  by sixflagscoasters

Thanks for the great news, but why did you need to make a new page for this?

There is already a Connecticut Trolley Museum Topic on here: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a

I just thought it would be best to keep it in the same place. But if you want to keep it here that is up to you and mostly the Mod for this section.

----------------------
Off topic, but-

I think the CTM needs a new web site. Their web site needs better organization. They should look at Seashore's web site for ideas. I am sure the web designer there will be willing to help CTM's web designer to make a much better site, that is more user friendly and that has much better presentation.
 #705702  by Otto Vondrak

Nice to see the Type 5 running... hope to make it up there to see it in action. How long have you guys been working on the restoration? What was involved?

---

I second the comment about the web site. If there are no volunteers inside the organization to work on it on a regular basis, consider hiring an outside contractor... like myself! Or Mr. SixFlags above...

-otto-
 #706685  by ted_roy

The restoration to service was most involved with rebuilding the cars motors and controller work. The car was restored years ago and was kept inside to slow any deterioration. Pictures of the motor work can be found in the restoration area of the much maligned website.

http://www.ct-trolley.org/Restoration/restoration.htm

Click on the picture of 5645.

Ted.