• ConnCo - Waterbury Steeple Cabs

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Ruzbasan

Until the late 1930's, two small Baldwin-Westinghouse electric steeple cab locos were used to move freight between the two Chase Brass plants in Waterbury, CT. Both locos were kept in the Connecticut Company Barn at Freight Street.I have only seen black and white photos of these locos.

Does anyone know what color these steeple cabs were painted?
  by Leo Sullivan

someone out there really knows but, since they won't say, I'm going to surmise.
In black and white photos, the locomotives appear to be the same color as passenger cars
and, they have the same logo and lettering. so, I always believed they were the
same color. Why buy different paint for two cars!
LS