Railroad Forums 

• Conductor Caps

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1401212  by Bigt

Can anyone provide me with suppliers of "new" conductor uniform caps? Who does
your organization use? How about cap badges? As a last resort, would the "fireman's bell top"
cap be appropriate? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
 #1403747  by xtcbct

The firemans bellcap is not an appropriate replacement in my opinion. The shape is not quite the same. Since Transquip left the scene, there are a couple replacement options. At the Amherst Railway Society Train Show in Springfield, MA in February, there is a gentleman named Paul Yorkis who has conductor caps. I am not sure of his supplier and he does not have a website that I know of. Keystone Uniform Cap made the conductor caps for Transquip. You can buy directly from them, but it costs more to buy just 1 as opposed to 5 at a time. If you have a couple friends at a railway museum, you could all go in on a conductor cap order and it will be cheaper with more quantity.
 #1403922  by Bigt

xtcbct -

Thanks for the info. I remember from years ago, ads in Trains Magazine for Paul Yorkis
selling conductor hats. Have not seen the ad in a long time, so, figured he was out of business.
Do you have any contact information for him? Have tried Keystone Cap, and Midway Cap, but, they are very slow
to answer emails, regular mail, or, to return phone calls.
 #1404512  by xtcbct

I do not have his contact info. I think this is him...but the links don't work for me. There is a contact e-mail though.
http://www.americanrailwaysupplies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But Keystone uniform wasn't slow. We did a cap order a couple years ago with them. And I got answers the day I called. Dave, is the gentleman I spoke with.
 #1433771  by Engineer Spike

I don't remember the details, but the suppliers must still exist. When I worked for BN, I had to have passenger uniforms. The supplier was in the Chicago Loop, maybe on Wells. One free day, I deadheaded downtown, and got measured for the uniform.
 #1434004  by litz

TransQuip also use to supplies these, but the owner passed, and the company is now out of business.

Their supplier was Keystone Uniform Cap and the Conductor Hat can be found here : http://www.keystoneuniformcap.com/transit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (scroll to bottom)

No idea on where to find the actual Conductor badge though