Railroad Forums 

• Computer sim of the LIRR

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#860434  by metrony

I remember a few years ago someone posted a stimulation of the LIRR and the trains within a day. I did a search on the forum and couldn't find it.. :(
 #860437  by spidey3

metrony wrote:I remember a few years ago someone posted a stimulation of the LIRR and the trains within a day. I did a search on the forum and couldn't find it.. :(
Perhaps if you try searching for simulation...
 #860543  by metrony

No that wasn't it. It was a web site run on flash someone made.

Guess I'll take a deeper look at the archives again on this board.
 #860565  by alewifebp

I know what you are talking about. They also did it for SEPTA and NJT. I think it was done by a company that had some sort of mobile app. It was very neat and I'd love to see it again.
 #860648  by BobLI

Wasnt that the map that had all the trains as dots and it showed the traffic for 24 hours?
 #861296  by davelirrider

I don't know if this is supposed to be an accurate depiction of the LIRR services on an average weekday... but if it is, I do see one flaw....
In the simulation, it has Babylon branch trains travelling along the Atlantic branch between Valley and Jamaica... whereas the majority of Babylon trains travel via the upper Montauk east of Jamaica. The only trains in the sim that travel flyover to the upper Montauk are those going to West Hempstead.