• Comet Cars for Train Simulator

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by Bay Head Local

Does ayone know where I can find some NJ Transit Comet Cars or even Arrow MU cars for train simulator?
  by pgengler

I don't think there are any Arrow MU cars of any sort for MSTS; as for the Comet cars, there aren't any in NJT paint (though there is MN). NALW was supposedly working on some, but the group seems to have fallen apart and the cars never released.
  by nick11a

Yup. For a few days, there was Comet IV cars on Train-sim.com. They were repains of the MN cars. Their accuracy was medium on the cars but hey, it kind of did the trick. But, they were removed from the site for whatever reason. But I haven't done Train Simulator in quite a while now.

Nick

by Lirr168

Like a lot of great equipment that appears on the site, they were removed due to the oversized egos of certain people at NALW. They give people permission to reconfigure their equipment to resemble something the MSTS community wants (like the Comets, P-series coaches, and so on...), then when they see them and don't think the repaints are up to their standards, they complain until the files are removed. They happen to wield a lot of power on that site, so they get what they want. I know my assesment of NALW may seem harsh, but if you take the time to go over to the train-sim.com forums and see what they write about people and their work, you'll almost certainly feel the way I do.