Railroad Forums 

• Collision with UFO?

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#345161  by Engineer James

I was mentioning that it COULD (if it DID and its a big DID) happen. Like I said the trainorders.com thread said that the Huntington Shops had no clue how #3 got damaged........

{edited UPRR}

#345190  by pablo

James, what COULD happen, that a train could hit a UFO? I won't even go into that foolish peculiarity, but having some dents and broken windows on a unit are a long way from saying that it hit a UFO.

Further...I've seen or heard many instances where a shop found damage to a unit, whether visual or not, and had no idea either how it happened or how it COULD have happened. In no way am I disparaging shop forces. It's more like a father wandering out to a car after his son drove it and finding sand all over the inside of the car, and wondering how in the hell it got there, when they don't live anywhere near a beach. (Um, this happened to me...I was the son...)

Last thing: I believe in UFO's, to an extent, and I used to love to read Charles Berlitz' book on the Bermuda Triangle. I'm down with the idea, but methinks you are looking too hard at this stuff.

Dave Becker

#345310  by Engineer James

Dave I totally agree, but, why not? its not illogical........ Its more logical to hit an airplane than a EMD..... but, not out of the ordinary. But, I think that unless I see photo proof I have to say story. (mind you having seen 2 or 3 of them myself.

#345325  by ExEMDLOCOTester

A few questions:

How many of you hoggers 'kill the lights as not to blind the oncoming crew'?

As far as I know a Locomotive has 1 alarm bell and why would it work if power is out?

How many trains can round a corner?

How many Hoggers would start an engine if the cab was demolished and smoking?

Why would a UFO need to hear a train to avoid it?

What locomotive would pull a 16,000 ton train by itself?

I have been avoiding this thread, I guess that I missed a good laugh until now!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

#345348  by pablo

ExE:

You're completely right. Thanks for adding those points. Each point is correct, of course, and it's easy to see how someone with little to no railroad experience would write things like that.

James:
Dave I totally agree, but, why not? its not illogical........ Its more logical to hit an airplane than a EMD..... but, not out of the ordinary. But, I think that unless I see photo proof I have to say story. (mind you having seen 2 or 3 of them myself.
I think you meant that it's more logical for a UFO to hit an airplane than a train, which, fine, I'll grant you. However, it is illogical, improbable, and essentially impossible. If UFO's and what not were proven to be true, it's no longer impossible. The only thing that's true is occasionally things are seen in the sky and no one knows what they are. Henceforth...it's not Scottish. And i hope someone understands what I mean by that.

Dave Becker

#345424  by GN 599

I guess Operation Lifesaver needs to go ''intergallactic''. I work with a guy who swears a UFO flew over their train, then with out a sound it disappeared into the darkness of the Deschutes river canyon. Another guy who I worked with who is since retired swears he saw bigfoot too. He was rolling a train by and he got that strange feeling and when the passing train was gone he heard something and there it was. He didnt want to startle it so he calmly stepped back onto the train. Very smart man and I know he never lied. But I wonder because this is the same guy that says the moon landing was on a California sound stage....
 #346607  by Komachi

{Edited UPRR}........
Although, getting back to the topic at hand...

Whether it was the greys or swampgas, it all comes down to your willingness to believe the story. Given the technical inacuracies in the report, there are those here who say the story is so many tons of fertilizer, and while I'm not up on physics like I should be (my father was a science teacher before he retired) I'm inclined to believe them (since they're ones "in the know" and deal with most of these factors on a daily basis). For now, anyway. I still believe in "life out there" (and I do mean other intelligent life), but I'm not sure I buy this particular story.

#347355  by Otto Vondrak

I can't believe this thread has gone on as long as it has. Especially the "mee-too fest" on pages three and four. Let's all transport back to Sector 001 and remain in our own realm and time-space dimension, until further notice from Starfleet Command.

-otto-

#347365  by UPRR engineer

Knew you guys were gonna get me in trouble. :-D

PM me if you have anything further to add to the UFO part and ill unlock it.

#347379  by UPRR engineer

Alright back in business after hacking away at the posts Otto didnt like, and the ones i felt like deleting or editing. Do your best to keep the posts to UFO's interacting with trains or railroaders, along those lines.

#347434  by Engineer James

Sorry otto, and UP Engineer. Just having some fun. Anyway, totally a story.

#349279  by GOLDEN-ARM

UFO's hiting trains? BORING................. :P

#349298  by Engineer James

Yeah, but a good story all the same.

#356217  by ExEMDLOCOTester

I woulden't touch this subject again with a 2,000,000 light year paragraph....