Railroad Forums 

• CNJ Red Baron

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#269669  by mc367

I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction - I'm currently working on some captions for the upcoming book Alcos Northeast and need to know how many Alco RS-3's appeared in the 'Red Baron' livery.

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Justin Franz
 #271485  by clamdigger

mc367:If you can obtain a copy of "Jersey Central Diesels"Gerard Bernet,Withers publishing co.,1991,ISBN1878887009,you will find in one of the appendices a list of all CNJ diesels and the various color schemes they wore .Mr. Bernet also owns:
Raritan Bay Hobbies
14 Karen place
Edison,NJ 08817---www.raritanbayhobbies.
The book is long out of print,but only recently was auctioned on E-bay .Needless to say I was not the winning bidder or I'd be giving you that information in this post.Good Luck in your search.
VJH