• CNJ Railfan Day on CMSL - May 22,2004

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: metman499, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, Franklin Gowen, David, Marty Feldner

by Trainbuff109

I just got this news and though I'd share .
The CRRof NJ Historical Society is running a Railfan Day on the Cape May Seashore Lines RR on Saturday May 22nd, 2004 for the benefit of the restoration of former CNJ Blue Comet lounge car #1169 "Tempel".
Tickets are $20.00 for members > in advance
$25.00 for non-members > in advance
and $40.00 >day of trip
There will also be a bus available for $20.00 roundtrip from Westfield NJ.
The locomotive for the day will be CNJ GP-7 #1523 in green and yellow stripes and will be a private train, including tavern lounge car and will be available for this special trip the entire day.
Contact the; CNJ Historical Society
P.O. Box 4226
Dunellen NJ 08812-4226

I don't know if this was in the recent copy of Railpace.

by Tri-State Tom

bob -

Excellent photos....that engine looks just as good - if not better - in the rain than it does in sunshine !