Railroad Forums 

• CNJ Plates

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

Would you be interested in purchasing a CNJ Plate?

YES
65%
NO
6%
Need more information such as price
29%
 #109923  by NJ Vike

After speaking with several members of the CNJ Historical Society, of which I'm also a member of, I have received their approval to proceed with contacting the NJMV in creating CNJ plates to honor our Railroad.
After all, we have a plate for just about everything else.

I realize that this question might be hard to answer since I don't have the information on how much the plates will cost and so on, but if they were available, would you consider purchasing a set?

I realize the CNJ is not everyone's favor tire RR (I don't have one) but we should look at it as a way to remember trains of the past.

Who's in???

Otto, if you're reading this message, what other forums besides this and the CNJ forum would I be allowed to post this in?

Ken

#110775  by Lackawanna484

How many plate orders do you need to get the state to OK a special deal?

#110787  by NJ Vike

Otto Vondrak wrote:Hi Ken,

I think this forum is the best once, since you are looking for state-wide support.

-otto-
Otto,

Thanks!!!!

#110788  by NJ Vike

Lackawanna484 wrote:How many plate orders do you need to get the state to OK a special deal?
Checking on it now. I should have a response by early next week.

I will keep everyone posted.

Ken

#110807  by steemtrayn

Who designs these things? I'd like to see a pic of a head-on view of a Baldwin Double-ender, in the green paint scheme.

#110922  by kilroy

I would like to see a camelback on the plate or maybe the Blue Comet.

#111087  by BigDell

Of Course BigDell wants those CNJ plates!!!!
;-D

Man, that'd be great!!!

#111088  by BigDell

Thinking more on this, it'd be a lot easier to explain to the police when they pull up to my big pickup truck at Potter's this coming summer as I have my tripod, cameras and big grill set up for a long Sunday of hamburgers, LV line train watching and baseball on the radio... I'd just point to those shiny CNJ plates and say "its okay boys, I've got the CNJ plates - I'm legit..." ;-)
BigDell

#111124  by NJ Vike

BigDell wrote:Thinking more on this, it'd be a lot easier to explain to the police when they pull up to my big pickup truck at Potter's this coming summer as I have my tripod, cameras and big grill set up for a long Sunday of hamburgers, LV line train watching and baseball on the radio... I'd just point to those shiny CNJ plates and say "its okay boys, I've got the CNJ plates - I'm legit..." ;-)
BigDell
:-D Sounds like a plan to me!!!!

Ken

#111196  by nick11a

NJ Vike wrote:
BigDell wrote:Thinking more on this, it'd be a lot easier to explain to the police when they pull up to my big pickup truck at Potter's this coming summer as I have my tripod, cameras and big grill set up for a long Sunday of hamburgers, LV line train watching and baseball on the radio... I'd just point to those shiny CNJ plates and say "its okay boys, I've got the CNJ plates - I'm legit..." ;-)
BigDell
:-D Sounds like a plan to me!!!!

Ken
In that case, I'll just get a chain and hang one around my kneck. If anyone stopped me, I'd just unzip my jacket and open it revealing the medallion and as BigDell said, "It's OK boys, I've got the CNJ plates...." :-D

#111583  by Metalrailz

You got my yes vote.
I would like to see multiple plate designs to purchase, including the CNJ Herald. My question is what would it say on the bottom of the plate? Such as the plates now say "Garden State", "Conquer Cancer", any ideas?

#111593  by TAMR213

Wasn't thier motto "The BIG Little Railroad"? That would be cool to have on the bottom. But then again, I could be confuesing it with another railroad.....

#111610  by NJ Vike

TAMR213 wrote:Wasn't thier motto "The BIG Little Railroad"? That would be cool to have on the bottom. But then again, I could be confuesing it with another railroad.....
That sounds right.