Railroad Forums 

• CNJ GP7 #1523

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#15171  by chuchubob

#15183  by metman499

Great photos as always Bob.
 #21039  by chuchubob

I was told by a CMSL insider that 1523 was fired up last Tuesday (May 18) and "she purred like a kitten."
 #21963  by gravelyfan

Unit was running on the south end of the CMSL fantrip this past Saturday (5/22), but it was leaking water all day. Perhaps it needs radiator work?
See Mike DiMunno's photos of the trip - there is a link through the New Jersey Railfan forum.

#22840  by steamfreak

Wasn't the 1523 sitting at Whippany Yard for years?... I know Black River has a 1500 series engine running. Which one was leased to Cape May

#23550  by gravelyfan

steamfreak wrote:Wasn't the 1523 sitting at Whippany Yard for years?... I know Black River has a 1500 series engine running. Which one was leased to Cape May

I believe the CNJ 1523 was formerly at BR&W. 1524 may be in storage at the NJT Morristown Coach yard - not sure though.

#25140  by OCtrainguy

Yes, the 1523 was used on the BR&W. While riding the BR&W last June, I took this photo of GP7 1523. Image

#35308  by BigDell

Just found this post...
Wow, 1523 is a BEAUTIFUL engine....
Man - I've GOT to dig up some of my OLD CNJ shots and scan them.
Brings back great memories.
Thanks!
BigDell

#35782  by Ken W2KB

When it visits Hoboken and is spotted at the bumper on one of the terminal tracks, it evokes memories of JC Terminal.