Railroad Forums 

• CN Likely Purchase of Pan Am Railways

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1548938  by gokeefe

It would appear based on the below two items (CP statement and investment bank location) that CN is about to buy Pan Am Railways.

Cross posted from the Pan Am Railways For Sale thread:
gokeefe wrote:
riffian wrote:According to this CP has no interest in PanAm:

https://guilfordrailsightings.groups.io ... 0,75728787
Nice to have some definitive confirmation either in the positive or the negative. So at the moment it would appear that CN is the only possible Canadian buyer. I'm assuming that Brookfield/GW (Toronto) is not a possibility as this would imply a merger of GW and Pan Am.

Worth recalling that CN is headquartered in Montreal (935 Rue De La Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H3B 2M9, Canada). On a lark I checked Google Maps ... BMO Financial Group has an address that is approximately 480 feet up the street at 800 Rue De La Gauchetière O #5600, Montreal, Quebec H5A 1K8, Canada.

You can make your conclusions as to the significance or lack thereof but I am now all but certain that CN is the buyer. It seems impossible to me that Pan Am would agree to using this bank for any other buyer.