Railroad Forums 

• CMSL service Rio Grande to Cape May

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1332800  by Dcell

What are the terms of the contract with BNT re: passenger service? Tony seems to be running a freight car storage company -- anyone know the current per-diem storage rate per freight car? And when does his agreement with NJT end?
 #1333906  by scottso699

Interesting - what changed on the F unit between this weekend and the Christmas Season? As had been mentioned - I haven't see either of those F units move in years - Does any one know what is the status of the both of them? Obviously one works now - or was it just used as a "cab car" like an RDC would have been?
 #1333976  by glennk419

scottso699 wrote:Interesting - what changed on the F unit between this weekend and the Christmas Season? As had been mentioned - I haven't see either of those F units move in years - Does any one know what is the status of the both of them? Obviously one works now - or was it just used as a "cab car" like an RDC would have been?
Hard to tell from the photos but PRR 7000 seems to be doing all of the work. Maybe John or Bob can tell us if LV 576 was actually running and online. Can the HEP genset power the headlamps and ditch lights?
 #1336527  by David

Sorry folks---- This thread will be locked for maintenance and will probably reopen again in early July. Thank you. DCH

BTW-----The LV F7 ran fine on the Richland run!
 #1339248  by David

I am opening this thread. It was brought to our attention, Jeff Smith and me, that there are 3+ fraudulent Identities that write on this thread and the Woodmansie thread. These identities all have the same IP address from the Netherlands to hide his real name. This one person is now known and will be blocked if he tries again to post here (and alias'). There has been an extensive investigation in this matter and possible legal action may still take place. Please now continue to enjoy this thread and post only facts and observations. Thank you for your understanding.

Also--- Any comments or information about this, please contact me off line.
 #1340055  by rrbluesman

I am Facebook friends with CMSL; They posted a picture of a freight move. In the comments section someone asked where and when the pic was taken and they responded "Passenger service will return this fall." Anyone have any info?
 #1340112  by chuchubob

Photo and caption on last page (page 12) of West Jersey Rails Quarterly Summer 2015 issue; caption:
"Cape May Seashore Lines began forwarding sand shipments from Tuckahoe, N.J. in April. This very fine dry sand is mined and processed in Cumberland County and then trucked to Tuckahoe in dry-bulk trailers as shown in this early May photo... Presently cars are being loaded on the main track south of the station near the former wye. An average of about six to eight cars are loaded per week with each car holding four or five truckloads. Shipments are consigned to a number of destinations generally east of the Mississippi."

West Jersey Chapter-NRHS
 #1340132  by rrbluesman

I suppose that's progress. Little confused, they load it onto the CMSL at Tuckahoe, then the loaded cars are taken to Cumberland county? So CMSL does what, they allow the cars to be loaded, then drags them up the few hundred yards to make the interchange with ConRail? Then ConRail takes them north via Winslow to Camden then south on the Millville Branch? Does ConRail take them all the way or are they interchanged with the W&W? Or did I totally read that wrong and only the refined sand is loaded and pushed to ConRail?
 #1340136  by glennk419

rrbluesman wrote:I suppose that's progress. Little confused, they load it onto the CMSL at Tuckahoe, then the loaded cars are taken to Cumberland county? So CMSL does what, they allow the cars to be loaded, then drags them up the few hundred yards to make the interchange with ConRail? Then ConRail takes them north via Winslow to Camden then south on the Millville Branch? Does ConRail take them all the way or are they interchanged with the W&W? Or did I totally read that wrong and only the refined sand is loaded and pushed to ConRail?
You basically have the first part right. The cars are loaded with sand that is trucked in from Cumberland County and then moved up to the station area for interchange with Conrail. The cars are then picked up by Conrail and are destined for the Midwest. They do not come back down to Cumberland.

Glad to hear that they have established this business as anything that provides revenue for CMSL and keeps the rails shiny on the Bees is positive.