Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Santa Express 2013

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1231691  by NostalgiaRails

"I hope Tony and the merchants prevail but this shows (again) the dangers of relying too much on 'free' support and the whims of local politicians as a component of a business plan."

Whims of local politicians? It seems to me that twp support was the only component of the business plan that was working. As the article states, rail service never materialized. Why should the taxpayers continue to fund it? I also hope CMSL and the merchants prevail and I do feel bad for the local merchants and employees trying to make a living, but for whatever reasons this development opportunity just didn't pan out mostly through no fault of their own. Time to move on.
 #1231997  by lv414

Meghan wrote:My whole post is gone. I guess we're not supposed to read the newspaper. This is really beginning to look like 'The Emperor's New Clothes'. What is sad is the time and effort going into quashing discussions that really have no impact on anything.
:( Meghan

I hope you get a reason why it was gone since nothing was offensive about it but I doubt it
 #1234911  by pumpers

Meghan wrote:
The real issue is going to be what happens when B.L. England either converts or closes and Conrail has no reason to either maintain or inspect the track.
Meghan
I read in the paper somewhere that BL England has their application already in for a gas pipeline for approval... JS
 #1234919  by Ken W2KB

pumpers wrote:
Meghan wrote:
The real issue is going to be what happens when B.L. England either converts or closes and Conrail has no reason to either maintain or inspect the track.
Meghan
I read in the paper somewhere that BL England has their application already in for a gas pipeline for approval... JS
It's South Jersey Gas, the local natural gas distribution company )"LDC") that filed for the permits and will construct, own and operate the gas pipeline. Most approvals have already been obtained. See http://www.southjerseygas.com/in-the-co ... gland.html

The station owner applied to PJM for a revised interconnection service agreement for electric transmission from the station http://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/o ... D=13353993 and it was approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission about three weeks ago http://www.pjm.com/~/media/documents/fe ... 9-000.ashx
 #1237389  by David

Geee Meghan, You always try hard to rip this guy! Let it go--Please--If you have a problem with my request, contact me OFF this forum not on here--Thank you.
 #1237508  by kilroy

Ease off Meghan on this one David. Before I even got to her comment I read the the quote and thought "what third grader wrote this? Did they even read what they wrote?"" A very good example of communicating the exact opposite of what you wanted to say.
 #1237535  by glennk419

Can't we all just be happy that the patronage is heavy enough that parking IS an issue? This in itself gives us some hope that the trains will keep running.

I thought we were railroad ENTHUSIASTS here. Some posters need to stop spoiling the lemonade.
 #1238377  by bluedash2

Glenn, I agree. One would think it would be a better idea to take up beefs with Tony himself. Posting beefs on here will accomplish nothing. I've never seen the constant controversy involving a small rail operation like CMSL. I do however, wonder why things never seems to go as planned with this operation, despite the vandalism issues, but I guess that's another issue that has zero to do with this thread so I'll leave it alone.