Railroad Forums 

• Close one!

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#513163  by Burner

the video is a couple of years old, but AFAIK was only made publicly available recently.

this view is from the conductor side near the center of the Locomotive. Inside the cab.

No Impact, you probably would have witnessed the truck's path altered if there was.

#513497  by slchub

Just another day in the office.

#514442  by The S.P. Caboose

This stuff happens all the time.

#517732  by uhaul

It appears rehearsed. since that the truck and the train come so close to each other. However, it was not rehearsed and is. an example of real-life dangers. I bet that the truck driver had to change their pants afterwards. but perhaps not since the truck appeared to not speed up at all.

#517734  by pennsy

To quote my sainted Grand Mother, " Not all the crazy people are in the Crazy House. "

#518042  by Xponder

Well, the reason I asked the question was that it appears the camera view angle wasn't quite enough to view the extreme left stairwell. The engine could have just nicked that truck. The driver appears to be oblivious to the approaching train. Perhaps a death wish!

I had my own close one today while on RCO shoving through a public crossing. I began the shove at 1mph while standing on the ground on the opposite side of the road to view any oncoming traffic. The gates came down, lights flashing, and bell ringing. And, just as the lead car, a covered hopper, entered the roadway and observing that approaching traffic was slowing to stop for the lowered gates, I ramped the speed selector up to 4. Just then, a small pickup speeds up and runs around the gates, nearly creamed by the covered hopper, missing the bastard by just an inch. I had no time to react. I had rammed the speed selector to stop and just glared at the stupid idiot as he sped by.

Where's a cop when you need one!