Railroad Forums 

• Cinematic Locomotive Success Stories

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1566693  by Pensyfan19

I have recently watched outstanding films about the development of a certain piece of historical machinery, such as the Ford GT in "Ford vs. Ferrari", and numerous types of planes in 'The Aviator", but I have not heard of a movie equivalent for rail transport. Is there a movie which focuses on the development of a type of locomotive or railway in a similar fashion as the two movies mentioned earlier? If not, then what locomotive would you want to be covered in cinematic fashion as it would bring light on the rail industry and possibly support it as a whole.
 #1566771  by kitchin

This blog looks promising:
https://obscuretrainmovies.wordpress.com/

Transcontinental RR sociology out west:
* Five seasons of Hell on Wheels. As I recall it the last season had most of the engineering.

These are probably not your ticket, but they're both from top-line directors:
* Human Desire (1954) Loco engineer gets in a murder and love triangle.
* Track 29 (1988) Model railroader goes crazy. Also a love triangle.

Here's a movie about obsessive gravel TRUCK driving, with Sean Connery. TCM put it on once by mistake during submarine week:
* Hell Drivers (1957)