Railroad Forums 

• cincinnati question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#142650  by mgtnrailfan

I would like to railfan Winton Place in Cincinnati. Do I need a ladder or will the ground be sufficent to view the rails. Can you recommend anyother spot to see CSX in Cincinnati.

#142685  by bill_whh

1st ? : When will you be down this way?

Check out http://www.k8dti.com/cincy/ Has way too much information on the cincy scene.

If you can, join the cincyrails yahoo group. again way toooooooo much information.

If you get a chance, there are informal get together of the railfans at a local pub, it would be a good way too learn something new.
I am tring to learn meself....lol

In funny mood tonight
Bill

#215705  by the missing link

i used to drive right up the gravel path just above NA and park for hours,nobody ever bothered me

#227648  by CIOR

There use to be railfans that would park across from NA tower, off that little road there (the one that deadends between the B&O and NYC.)
But that was back when NS still used the B&O Midland side for the New Castle/Peavine traffic.

#238407  by shwango

As Bill mentioned, check the k8dti.com site - tons of great stuff including a railfan guide. I wouldn't recommend bringing a latter and don't get close to the tracks. The viaducts are also nice to check out the Queensgate yard.

Here's some recent pics from the Hopple St. Viaduct. (This was my first time really railfanning, so the pics aren't too great, but not bad!)
http://www.market-assist.com/~osterday/ ... pple-st-1/

As CIOR mentioned, across from NA tower, on Railroad Ave is a nice spot too.

As I'm getting ready to post this, I just realized the original post is from June 2005... oh well... maybe someone with still find this useful!