Railroad Forums 

• Chicken Festival Rides?

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#375064  by RailVet

I've received word that the Maryland & Delaware RR will cooperate with the Delmarva Chapter, NRHS, to run excursion rides in conjunction with a town's chicken festival on June 7, 8 and 9 (Thu-Sat). What is not clear is the name of the town, the schedule, the coaches (Hurlock's two ex-N&W cars?), motive power or ticket price. Does anyone have this information?

#375297  by VaCentralRwy

The Chicken Festival is June 22-23 in Federalsburg, MD. Figure on either a CF-7 or RS-3.

#375666  by Sand Box John

"VaCentralRwy"
The Chicken Festival is June 22-23 in Federalsburg, MD. Figure on either a CF-7 or RS-3.

This answers a question I have been asking around Snow Hill for the last couple of months. The 2006 Delmarva Chicken Festival was hosted at Byrd Park in Snow Hill Maryland.

#375831  by GeorgeF

One site to keep a watch on is here.
 #379149  by RailVet

More information on the train rides at the upcoming chicken festival. Interestingly enough, a member of the Delmarva Chapter gave the dates as June 8 and 9.
===================
Thank you for your interest in the Delmarva Chicken Festival set for June 22 and 23 in Federalsburg, Maryland.

One of the festival activities will be train rides aboard the Maryland Delaware Railroad. The railroad will bring in several passenger cars – the type used in years past – and will offer trips between Federalsburg and Hurlock and return at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. The trip will be about 1½ hours. I don’t have the ticket price at this time but that should be available soon.

The train rides are just one of a full schedule of entertainment for the entire family. The Delmarva Chicken Festival is open to the public. Admission is free.

If I can provide other information, please contact me.

Connie Parvis
Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. (DPI)
16686 County Seat Highway
Georgetown, DE19947-4881
302-856-9037
302-856-9799 (fax)
[email protected]

#380169  by MDDE_Fan

I'll be there, Hopefully.