Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #718220  by atsf sp

In the recent Historic Rail catalog, they had a series of AC4400CWs painted in fallen flag railway colors and the best was the Chessie engine. The Chessie paint scheme follows the contours of the engine great. Did anyone else see this? And it would be awesome if CSX painted an engine like this, but I know it won't happen. http://www.historicrail.com/product_inf ... 20American
 #721217  by GulfRail

Makes sense that Chessie would have rostered the big AC's, but I think they would have worn B&O lettering as the AC4400CW's on CSX were initially assigned to the former B&O lines (specifically sandpatch)
 #721246  by hutton_switch

GulfRail wrote:Makes sense that Chessie would have rostered the big AC's, but I think they would have worn B&O lettering as the AC4400CW's on CSX were initially assigned to the former B&O lines (specifically sandpatch)
The last B&O diesels to wear the B&O overall blue and yellow lettering were EMD SD40-2's.