Railroad Forums 

• Chesler Plywood

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #179625  by LRail

It looks like the weeds have overtaken the siding. Does anyone know if Chesler has any intention of receiving shipmenst by rail anymore?

#179775  by jayrmli

God let's hope not! :wink:

Jay

#179847  by Fla East Coast Chris

When the new block operator takes over the job at Nassau 2nd trick in June when PD closes(cough cough we all know who that is) there will be alot of yelling and screaming!!!! RS 30 or RS 50 how long are you gonna take damnit!!!!!!!! Son of a *****....
OH OH I hope I didn't give myself away????(The Phantom)
Chris

#179938  by CR6618

Seems like they've given up. Think their last car was in late 2004.

It's a hard place to spot. Have to unlock a few gates, and often trucks park on the track.

#205037  by Legio X

Is this spur still connected, or has it been snipped? I guess there's still been no use of rail by this customer recently?

#205083  by emfinite

As far as I know, it's still intact. Just hasn't been used in quite a long time. Are the Chesler cars spotted somewhere else now?

Joe

#205174  by badneighbor

clue me in... where is this siding in question?

#205185  by Sir Ray

badneighbor wrote:clue me in... where is this siding in question?
OK, In New Hyde Park, north of the LIRR Main Line, South of Jericho Turnpike, and 1 Block west of Denton (and I guess one block east of the Dublin Pub) there is Nassau Terminal Road, which heads South from Jericho toward the Mainline (it was originally all industries along it, but they build a supermarket several years back) - this road forms an L, and at the elbow of this L (northside of the western leg of the L) is Chesler Plywood - unloading doors on the East side of the building, spur heads south across Nassau Terminal Rd and then curves westward (between two buildings) to join the mainline. Actually kind of cool to see.

#205245  by Legio X

You can see the spur from the rear of the Long Island Paneling building. I last saw a boxcar spotted there, a CN single-door, back in late 2000 while driving around back to see if you could, indeed, see the Chesler spur. I had gone there to look at ceiling tiles and paneling. I have'nt been back, though, in 5+ years now.