Railroad Forums 

• CHEAP 35MM FILM.. WHERE CAN I FIND SOME!!!?!??!

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#105647  by prt1607j

Well my photo craze has gone well except for the fact that it is a pain in the butt to find cheap 35mm film, and seeing i dont have a dark room i need to find some cheap 35mm film or get myself a digital slr that will work with my lenses.. or buy a new set.. any way is there any hope for me?

#105659  by SRS125

check out E-Bay you can get rolls of film super cheap there.

#105690  by kevikens

I buy almost all of my film at flea markets. You can find recently outdated film at a small fraction of the original cost. I usually pay about three dollars for a box of four rolls. Just last week I bought seven four box rolls of kodacolor VR 200 asa film for $10, outdated at 1/05. If you put this stuff in your fridge or freezer it's as good as new. Good flea markets for this sort of thing in my area include the Tacony flea mart, Columbus Mart and the Berlin Farmers Market. I am sure you have similar flea markets in your area. By the way for developing I use the 30 minute lab at my local Acme food store. Good quality, fast time, 24 exposures for $6.99. Combination of this developing and flea market film really keeps the cost down and lets me take a lot of pix.

#105903  by MikeF

Try ordering from one of the big New York City camera stores -- B&H or Adorama. They stock quality amateur and professional films for much less than you are likely to find in your local camera store. As an example, I primarily shoot Fuji Provia 100F slide film. Locally it costs upwards of $6.50 per roll. When I order it from B&H, it's about $3.50 a roll. Mind you, that is a professional slide film. Consumer negative film is even cheaper.

David is right, go for quality. If you buy the cheapest expired off-brand film you can find, you're probably going to regret it down the road.

#106043  by prt1607j

well i did some shopping aorund... and i figgered out what the price per shot is and cheapest i found was roughly one cent a shot from freestyle out in cali, but the amount that had to bought was roughly 60 bucks worth.plus i do believe that bracketing is now out of the question. B&H id rather not deal with as my photo teacher in school has dealt with them and their rude as can be so im definitely not gonna use them.. flea markets sound like a good idea for film tho ill have to try that.. off to route 18 market!

#107840  by MEC407

I buy from B&H and Adorama all the time and have never had any problems. Their sales reps aren't the friendliest folks in the world, but you don't have to deal with them if you order online. And since I haven't had any problems, I haven't had to call them on the phone. Their prices and selection are hard to beat.