Railroad Forums 

• Change in display of threads

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1063970  by videobruce

Has something been done to change the look of the threads themselves?
What use to be of the left (as in every forum I have ever been and use to be here) is now on the far right. Namely the username/info box. The actual post is now on the right.

Everything else is Ok.
 #1064286  by MEC407

Everything appears to be normal on my end -- posts on the left, username/userinfo on the right.
 #1067404  by videobruce

I have since check it in Firefox and the same thing. The two columns are reversed.

Also add to the list, I can't add any smilies or any of the additional text functions above the reply box anymore. Something has been changed in the past few months.
 #1067406  by MEC407

The emoticon (smiley) buttons have been broken for a very long time -- a couple of years perhaps? -- but I'm not sure about the reversal of the columns. It still looks normal on my end. Would you be willing to take a screen shot and post it? I'm very curious to see how it looks on your end.
 #1067409  by MEC407

The problem with the emoticon buttons and the text formatting buttons dates back to November 2010: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 47&t=77064
 #1067412  by videobruce

Apparently, the past 18 months I haven't had to use any of those features.

Here is a screen shot. It looks identical in both Opera & Firefox. What, all of use use Idiot Exploiter where anything works through sloppy code?? Has anyone check that link I provided above for the error list?
Attachments:
railroad.net display problem.jpg
railroad.net display problem.jpg (213.29 KiB) Viewed 5729 times
 #1067415  by MEC407

I use Firefox. Have been using it for years.

Thanks for the screen shot. I guess I'm a little confused. The layout in your screenshot is the same as the layout I see on my end, and that's the same layout we've had on this site since 2004 when they first switched over to phpBB. It's always been in that format -- messages on the left, username/avatar/location on the right.
 #1067433  by videobruce

I'm even more confused since I don't ever recall this. No other of the dozens of forums I visit or have visited does it this way.
 #1067474  by Alloy

NEC 407 wrote:
The layout in your screenshot is the same as the layout I see on my end, and that's the same layout we've had on this site since 2004 when they first switched over to phpBB.
As far as I can see, you're both partially right. I've been on RR.Net since '04, and it's always been this way, to my knowledge. No overnight switch.

But...
videobruce wrote:I'm even more confused since I don't ever recall this. No other of the dozens of forums I visit or have visited does it this way.
I'm on two other phpBB boards, and both of them DO have the avatars on the left, and the post on the right. So this board is a bit of a 'maverick' in the way it displays the format. Again, I don't think it's been any other way, but eight years is a long stretch. I could be mistaken.
Last edited by Alloy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1067476  by MEC407

Thanks, Alloy; I was starting to question my own memory there for a moment!