Railroad Forums 

• CEO on "History's Business"

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #241724  by Engineer James

Wick Moorman, Chairman and CEO was on the History Channel, on "History's Business". He explained alot about the company and I would probably respect him as a Boss. He explained about the Creation of Conrail and Amtrak, to great detail. I was AMAZED!!! :-D Finally, a CEO who actually maybe a railfan himself. He also talked about what he and the CSX CEO may talk about if they were together. Mostly intermodal stuff. Also, got into some Southern RR history....

It was great!!! :-) :-) :-)

#241771  by RichM

I don't know, James... that's not the impression I got. I heard a lot of railroad cliches but not a lot of substance. It was a softsoap interview and I'm sure all the questions were rehearsed. While the steel wheel on steel rail efficiency is certainly true, I would have liked a bit more depth. However, I'm still wondering what this would have looked like if his counterpart from either UP or CSX had been the subject!
 #242094  by njt4172

Engineer James wrote:Wick Moorman, Chairman and CEO was on the History Channel, on "History's Business". He explained alot about the company and I would probably respect him as a Boss. He explained about the Creation of Conrail and Amtrak, to great detail. I was AMAZED!!! :-D Finally, a CEO who actually maybe a railfan himself. He also talked about what he and the CSX CEO may talk about if they were together. Mostly intermodal stuff. Also, got into some Southern RR history....

It was great!!! :-) :-) :-)

Well, I have heard several reports that Wick Moorman was infact a "true railroad man" joing the ranks of Southern as a track maintainer and working his way up, but I highly doubt he is a railfan like you and me...!