Railroad Forums 

• Central Midland Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#585055  by ROKK ISLAND

Anyone have any new updates on the Central Midland Railroad..former Rock Island STL to KC trackage primarily operated from Lackland Yard to Union Mo. Latest company and fan sites have not been updated recently. Any info appreciated!! Happy to reply with what little I may think I know..LOL.
 #595090  by ROKK ISLAND

:-) News Flash Update. CMR continues to thrive now expanding the mighty Rock Island's former STL to KC line further west to Gerald, MO. Long Live The ROCK!! :wink:
 #608475  by MoRailFan09

Central Midland has not rebuilt the line to Gerald, Mo. They only run out to Union Misssouri. They store empty coal cars for Ameren UE on the main just west of Union. Last I heard they where wanting to go out to OwensVille, Mo to some new factories that where/are going to be built out there. I'm not saying they are not going to Gerald. How did you hear about this Rokk Island?

The rail is still tore up just west of Hwy EE, 5ish miles west of Union.

Have a good one