Railroad Forums 

• Catskill Mountain Branch Fan Trip (1956-58)

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#830894  by DonPevsner

The last passenger train ran on this ultra-scenic line on March 31, 1954. However, I distinctly remember seeing a fan trip flyer at the GCT Information counter on the Upper Level of GCT sometime between 1956 and 1958. This fan trip ran from Weehawken to Oneonta and return, and it is to my lasting regret that I was unable to ride on it, being in Junior High School at the time. As West Shore passenger service to Kingston ended on June 30,1958, and as the NYC would not charter me a train from Weehawken to Oneonta and return in 1959 (though it did agree to a charter from GCT to Albany, with a return down the West Shore to Weehawken, which I was unable to fill), I am assuming that the time period for this fan trip was 1956-1958. Does anyone have more specific information about this "blast from the past"?
 #831252  by Noel Weaver

I have a flyer for a trip to Oneonta sometime in the 50's but I don't know if I will have the time to hunt for it before I depart
for my trip to New York State pretty soon.
Noel Weaver