Railroad Forums 

• Canton, OH

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#265699  by dhaugh

It's been over 15 years since I was in Canton, but back then we staying at a school next to a (the?) Conrail mainline. Double track, I thought. Anyway, it was busy enough back then, but now looking at the latest Trains mag issue with the then & now maps of Ohio, it looks like that line is no longer important - as a big chunk of that route has been off in western Ohio. Or am I wrong and it still sees significant traffic?

#336555  by MR77100

The line you are referring to is likely the ex-PRR Pittsburgh main that once saw the BROADWAY LIMITED. Conrail single-tracked it west of Crestline in the mid-1980's, and Amtrak was kicked off in 1990. The segment east of Crestline was busy until the Conrail break-up, and it now sees only modest traffic. Does it still have the old PRR PL signals?