• Canal Line in Farmingtom Question

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by photons

I apologize if this question is too obscure.
I was running today along the Canal Line trail behind Farmington Ready Mix. Although I have passed this area hundreds of times over the years, I only today noticed the remnants of a rail siding - some rail and parts of a switch stand.
Any recollections of what facility this siding serviced?
Thanks,
Russ
  by RonM

IAround 1986/1987 FRM investigated going to rail. I helped survey the property. Nothing materialized and not long afterwards the line was abandoned.

I do not remember if they had service prior to that or if there was another business that had service.