Railroad Forums 

• Canadian Pacific trackage/haulage rights to Ayer?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1369409  by BostonUrbEx

Check out this map: http://www.cpr.ca/en/choose-rail-site/D ... rk-map.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It shows the CP has having trackage and/or haulage rights between Mechanicville and Ayer. I don't know what haulage rights entails or means, but do they actually have unexercised trackage rights?
 #1369471  by johnpbarlow

This rendition of the CP system map is the eighth edition dated September 2014 and also shows that CP still owns the D&H South lines from Sunbury PA northward to Schenectady as well as haulage rights on NS Southern Tier. I think CP has long enjoyed haulage rights on VRS via the Whitehall interchange and maybe that also applies to Pan Am Southern?

BTW, the NS network overview and system maps are also out of date showing that NS has trackage rights over D&H South lines.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en ... rview.html
 #1370170  by Engineer Spike

Back in the early 2000s a D&H roadforman said something about taking over the Fitchburg. Of course nothing came of that. No D&H crews are qualified past Eagle Bridge. These rights are from the old days when used to access the Washington Branch. Guilford was giving poor interchange to Batten Kill, and D&H chose to use the rights again. Now as a cost saving move, any D&H-BK interchange cars are now set out by PAS.

I'm also not sure if the short lived piggyback train to Ayer was overhead rights, or a cooperative venture. The same goes for general freight. I'm not sure if cars are just interchanged, or if some are actually CP/D&H traffic.