Railroad Forums 

• Can someone please identify this trackage west of Toledo

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#67857  by matt

Continuing to play with TerraServer, I have visited this piece of trackage that comes off of the Water Level Route in a spot the map people call "Garden, Ohio." It's actually just west of Toledo and more specifically, Crissey. The tracks were still in place as of a year ago but I have no idea who this spur was built for.

Follow it north a few clicks. Any ideas? Thanks.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image. ... 8&z=17&w=1
Last edited by matt on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#67953  by nycrick

That's the Westwind(?) Industrial Park on Eber Rd. just north of Airport Hwy. I'm not sure want industry it serves but a few weeks ago there was what appeared to be a flatcar of coiled steel sitting there although it could've been just a bad order set-out from the main. All the track is still in place. The Metroparks just bought some of unused land at the west end of the park. :-)

#68043  by matt

Thanks Rick.

Funny, I can't find where loading/unloading would occur at the facility based on the picture.
 #68264  by MSchwiebert

I haven't been back there in a while, but the last time I was there, Johnson Controls had a few covered hoppers in (probably raw materials for the batteries they make there).