Railroad Forums 

• Cajon Pass Trip 2

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#550171  by gprimr1

Hey

I was just wondering if there was anything going on I need to know about in the Cajon pass for the week of July 4th. I'm going up on July 2nd and 3rd to take pictures. I've been studying the maps and it looks like I've found lots of places to take pictures.

Three Questions:

Is Santa Fe Fireroad a public road?

There is a dirt road labeled something like NS-3XXX, it branches off from Rim of the World Scenic byway, after coming down the hill you go up after you get onto it at I-15, is that public?

Is there a good way to tell a public road from a BNSF road or is pretty much that whole area except the ROW public land?