Railroad Forums 

• Caboose for sale - Winchester, MA

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1635121  by l008com

A million years later, what ever happened to this thing? I live a few miles away and it would be cool to have in my yard. Maybe use it as a real shed but have it be a caboose. I discovered this while driving for work back in maybe 2001 give or take. You could see it right in someone's back yard and my first thought was, there must be some long abandoned brand line here! But nope, nowhere near anything. Well, KINDA near the Minuteman but not that close.

Anyway, all the pics in this post are broken. Does anyone have any picture links that are not broken?
Also the road was Ridge Rd in Winchester. Not sure the exact house but it was just sitting in someone's back yard. I can probably find it on historicareals.
 #1635167  by S1f3432

The car looks similar in design to WW1 era USRA wood sheathed center cupola cabooses; many
roads had them and many steel cars were later built to the same general design.
 #1635247  by FatNoah

And how long it was there before they got rid of it?
The picture looked very familiar, as the are few places in Winchester with houses under construction (note the labels on the glass in the window) yet have taken so long to finish that weeds have sprouted to the degree shown. It's a small side street off Ridge Street in Winchester. To the best of my knowledge, it's not public, as it's usually blocked with a chain.

In the satellite view from Google, it still appears to be there:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4436516 ... ?entry=ttu