Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #956956  by Kuyahoora Valley

I recently acquired a C&O Speeder, the M-1631. It is a Fairmont M-19. There is no Fairmont plate listing the serial number. I'd like to identify that, and when it was built. It was apparently stationed in Doswell, VA at the end of its service life. Thanks for any info!
 #956985  by cjvrr

Does it have an engine in it? If so look on the top of the engine, on a steel boss that sticks up on the block just in front of the carb. This would be the serial number for the engine. Now if it is the original engine, in the original car, in the past, you might have been able to trace the car by contacting Fairmont. However the Fairmont Factory has been shut down and all motorcar birth records have been given to the Fairmont, MN historical society. They intend on having the info available to the public, but I don't think they have gotten to that point yet.