A study of BL2's in issues 46 and 47 of Extra 2200 South lists C&O as having 4 units- 1839 (ex 83), 1840-1842 equipped
with steam generators, with photos to confirm 1839, 1840 and 1842 showing the exhaust stack in the centerpost
of the windshield. The roster part of the article is contradictory in stating that 1843-1847 had 1600 lb/hr sg that
were later removed with no photo evidence with the exception of 1844 that was rebuilt with an F7 windshield.
All of the units had dual controls- the only BL2's so equipped. PM/C&O 80-82, 84, 85 were built as freight only.