Railroad Forums 

• C&CV Easter Express (images)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#12004  by lrhs_webmaster

This year's Easter Express trains on the C&CV were a great success with all trains booked solid! MLW 3051 performed flawlessly in push pull service over clintonville hill and beyond. I just wish it was a bit warmer! :)
Photos here: http://www.lrhs.com/news11.htm

#12228  by roc

Nice pics! Two questions:

1.) Is it possible get higher-res versions of the photos on the site? The ones there are a bit small for use on the desktop (wallpaper).

2.) Does the C&CV move any freight?

#12244  by NYSW3614

C&CV does not move any freight.
 #12253  by lrhs_webmaster

Hi roc,
Email me at [email protected] and let me know wich ones you would like and I'll see what I can do :)
Thanks,
Eric

#15017  by Schooltrain

By process of elimination, based on prior postings, the C&CV must be just an excursion line. The roadbed in the pictures looks like it has definitely seen better days. Is the entire line in this condition or is there a gradual reconditioning and m-o-w program that is ongoing?

By the way, nice pictures.

#15093  by Highball116

Slowly but surely, there has been a lot of ballast brought in, a lot of crossings rebuilt, and a lot of tamping and brush cutting done. Only problem is that we can't do much in the way of big jobs once operations start. The main focus last year was cutting back the foliage so we could keep the paint job on the locomotive.