Railroad Forums 

• BVE(Boso View Express)

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#821757  by LIRRMEDFORD

Is a small platform simulator with little detail but interesting enough to keep me at the train controls for hours. There are a ton of routes out there for it as well, but the reason I bring it up today is because BVE has advanced to where there is now an open BVE program, and additional to that there is a site that has released a BVE multiplayer allowing you to play with others on the rail with you! I am not sure how far along the project is but to me being able to drive on the rails with other drivers has always been a must have for me. Here is the site where OpenBVE Multiplayer is being developed http://www.bvestation.com def a needed push for the railroad simulator industry after the termination of ACES. Please look into it and share input!
 #840352  by darthdoosh

I haven't tried the multiplayer but I have toyed around with OpenBVE and it certainly holds my interest as far as a casual game goes. Some of the trains and routes from the UK (I specifically like the London Underground routes) Germany, and Japan have surprisingly detailed scenery. The Chashinai Railway routes and trains are probably my favorite that I've downloaded - http://wiki.bve-routes.com/index.php/Chashinai_Railway

Obviously the graphics aren't to the caliber of professionally developed off the shelf games, but you've got to hand it to the independent devs for making some good routes. I certainly hope people continue to develop openBVE and add to it's route and rolling stock library. The Chashinai Railway routes show what it can do now, hopefully we'll see advances for more dynamic scenery and detailed rolling stock in the near future.