Railroad Forums 

• Business on the former LVRR in Cortland

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#446351  by TB Diamond

Any updates on the Lehigh Valley E&C branch remnant in Cortland, as to traffic frequency and possible rehabilitation? Will be in that area next month and will appreciate any information.

#446533  by lvrr325

All there is is that lumber yard at the end of track, and they were transloading across town last I heard. Track is all there, nothing stored on it around 281, but if it sees service it's minimal at best. Since it's hard to predict through trains, it would be tough to predict a switch on the line without knowing ahead when a customer needs one. I caught a train on that line once totally by accident and I count it as a minor miracle.

#446803  by TB Diamond

Thank you for the information.

#447211  by TB Diamond

Does the job that services the Cortland area origionate at Binghamton?

#447989  by amoreho1

i believe both. syracuse and binghamton also think. the cars that track are extras too. go to suit kote later but i could be wrong (on both)
and the cars a probably close too. where it connects with the main?
i think the 6 axle units are forbibben on the cortland industrial?
Last edited by amoreho1 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#448130  by GOLDEN-ARM

amoreho1 wrote:i believe both. syracuse and binghamton also think. the cars that track are extras too. go to suit kote later butt. i could be wrong (on both)
i think the 6 axle units are forbibben on the cortland bindutrial?
I'm not sure exactly what the "heck" this is supposed to mean, but let's give it a rest "ho", and let someone with some actual info respond, okay? (prepares to fasten a sturdy lock onto the post.......)

#448247  by amoreho1

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:
amoreho1 wrote:i believe both. syracuse and binghamton also think. the cars that track are extras too. go to suit kote later butt. i could be wrong (on both)
i think the 6 axle units are forbibben on the cortland bindutrial?
I'm not sure exactly what the "heck" this is supposed to mean, but let's give it a rest "ho", and let someone with some actual info respond, okay? (prepares to fasten a sturdy lock onto the post.......)
can you say flames because i see a few in your last post golden-arm
Last edited by amoreho1 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#448333  by ANDY117

It depends on who has cars for that industry. Sometimes a crew out of Binghamton, usually BH-1, will head up there and drop a unit off for another crew to work. Or they just do it themselves.

On the other hand, Syracuse crews also work it if they're on their way to Binghamton, and have stuff for those industries. Normally Suit-Kote tanks are stored down in Chenango Bridge, or the NYSW yard, depends on if they're needed or not, or whether they're loaded.

They used to have a CL-1 job years ago, but when the industries dried it up, they just switched it to Binghamton and Syracuse crews doing that work.

And I recall reading one industry has begun using rail up there. Can't remember which one though.

#448335  by amoreho1

i believe its Marietta
Last edited by amoreho1 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#448337  by charlie6017

Mr. Amoreho,

You can either cool it or I will see to it that you get a time-out.

Thank You.

#448344  by amoreho1

charlie6017 wrote:Mr. Amoreho,

You can either cool it or I will see to it that you get a time-out.

Thank You.
i lost my cool i shouldnt have posted that rant

#448385  by TB Diamond

Thanks, everyone for the info. Used to photograph the Lehigh Valley in Cortland many years ago and wanted to catch the Susquehanna job on the same trackage. We'll see what happens next month.