Railroad Forums 

• Builders plates

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#528235  by Richard Caig

I have been collecting builders plates for a few years now. I am just posting this listing to see if there are any other people out there with a simular interest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Richard
 #601390  by FORD1997

Hi, I have an ALCO number board which is round (similiar to a Baldwin Builders Plate in shape and size) its quite a heavy item - - When I had a chance to pick it up - I grabbed it. I'm sure its authentic as the original person who obtained this plate was selling it. It has two brackets on the backside which I guess enabled it to be mounted to the front of the steam engine. It is numbered 35 - the only thing that looks a bit odd is that the number 5 really looks like an upside turned number 2. Does anyone else have a similar ALCO builders plate with the number --5 in it and if so, does the number 5 look like an turned around upside no. 2? Thanks Pat