Railroad Forums 

• Build date for C30-7009

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#156489  by Guest

What is the build date for CSX C30-7 7009. Which railroad owned this locomotive before CSX? Was it Seaboard Coastline, Louisville & Nashville, or was it SeaBoard (SBD)?

keep searching keep finding

#156495  by crazy_nip

TerryC?

#156526  by AmtrakFan

Mr. Nip,
TerryC can't get into his account so he is using a new name for the time being.

#156528  by CSX Conductor

crazy_nip wrote:TerryC?
Of course it is, Nip. How else keeps searching and keeps finding, lol. :P

Does this answer your question?

#156537  by crazy_nip

AmtrakFan wrote:Mr. Nip,
TerryC can't get into his account so he is using a new name for the time being.
big surprise here

#156538  by crazy_nip

CSX Conductor wrote:Does this answer your question?
quite clearly a former UP locomotive

#156542  by emd_SD_60

IIRC, the 7009 was an ex-SBD C30. Most of CSX's C30's were either of L&N (now part of Family Lines) or SCL (now Seaboard System) heritage. It was probably built in the late 70's. This is what I at least know, as railspot.com is down... And here's the correct pic of 7009, in its FL paint:

*ETA, it is Terry C! The "keep searching keep finding" was a dead giveaway, I thought some here were trying to be jerks. My bad. :wink:

#156590  by Guest

I was thinking of telling you flat out I was TerryC like I did here http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16483 or even typing keep asking keep learning, but in the end I opted for keep searching keep finding. In the old version of this forum I noticed that someone had typed keep asking keep learning or something like that in a post and I started using it in my posts. That was mid 2OO3, amazing how time flies by at warp speeds. I was wondering how long it would take people to notice.
crazy_nip, you are not getting me angry, but that locomotive has always been owned by a Eastern railroad. I could stand corrected.

keep asking keep learning
4624 member to join this forum

#156623  by crazy_nip

SD50 wrote:I was thinking of telling you flat out I was TerryC like I did here http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16483 or even typing keep asking keep learning, but in the end I opted for keep searching keep finding. In the old version of this forum I noticed that someone had typed keep asking keep learning or something like that in a post and I started using it in my posts. That was mid 2OO3, amazing how time flies by at warp speeds. I was wondering how long it would take people to notice.
not all of us are as sharp as you...
crazy_nip, you are not getting me angry, but that locomotive has always been owned by a Eastern railroad. I could stand corrected.

4624 member to join this forum
my job here isnt to make you angry, you just fail to recognize this as an experimental UP paint job... very rare indeed

#156625  by CSX Conductor

What I would like to know is how you select which particular locomotive to ask about each time, since it's seldomly a question about a particular model, but rather a specific number. :P

#156632  by CSX ENG

CSX Conductor wrote:What I would like to know is how you select which particular locomotive to ask about each time, since it's seldomly a question about a particular model, but rather a specific number. :P
Well, at least he didn't ask what type of brake shoes this particular locomotive used.....

#156765  by Guest

I plan on modeling this locomotive on my present day Old Harbour Central System. I like to have the build date as one of the peices of information I collect. Trying to find information out about certain locomotive models or a single unit makes up the bulk of what you would call, odd posts.

4624th member to join this forum

#156862  by charlie6017

I fail to see the productivity in this thread............<clink!>