Railroad Forums 

• Buffalo Line Movements (WNYP after 8/3/07)

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#430300  by bwparker1

Good luck to the WNYP!

#430497  by pablo

Word is the first WNYP train on the line was on duty at 1700 to go to Farmer's Valley.

Dave Becker

#430499  by Luther Brefo

pablo wrote:Word is the first WNYP train on the line was on duty at 1700 to go to Farmer's Valley.

Dave Becker
Cool...It has happened.

I wonder because, the WNYP was not allowed on the property until 12:01 this morning so was there a made dash to learn this portion of the railroad? In theory, no WNYP employee would be fully qualified on the territory due to the "you can't look at it until we're done with it policy that NS has upheld".

#430533  by MichaelWinicki

pablo wrote:Word is the first WNYP train on the line was on duty at 1700 to go to Farmer's Valley.

Dave Becker

Dunno.

I went by the yard about 8:45 and there was a string of tank cars sitting there. Didn't see any power but maybe from my vantage point it couldn't be seen. Yard looked as empty as I've ever seen it.

Ate supper earlier at "Jan's" (heartily recommend the broiled fish :) ) in Portville and didn't see/hear any train related noises.

Sitting here at the moment with my door open and haven't heard anything.

#430639  by MichaelWinicki

I see on another forum that a short train did head to Farmer's Valley early in the evening.

Not sure where the rest of the tank cars in the yard are destined for...

#430890  by bwparker1

Reports indicate that a second local ran to Port Alleghney on Saturday with 1 Covered Hopper, probably sand or lime for the glass company. Sounds like the WNYP will run anything to make the customers happy.

BWP

#430977  by MichaelWinicki

bwparker1 wrote:Reports indicate that a second local ran to Port Alleghney on Saturday with 1 Covered Hopper, probably sand or lime for the glass company. Sounds like the WNYP will run anything to make the customers happy.

BWP
Heard something go through Olean about 11PM Saturday night.

Making customers happy is a good thing. :)

Who knows maybe some of the shippers that were abandon by CR and NS like Olean Wholesale will get back on board.

#431018  by bwparker1

Courtesy of Chuck from the LAL Railfan.net group:

"Sunday, 7:15 pm NB at S. Olean. 630,430,431,424 with 41 cars for Olean yard. covered hoppers, tanks, and lots of older open hoppers. I bet they were from Hawbakers at Turtle point."

WOW, three trains, the last including 41 cars. Looking forward to some pictures.

Brooks

#431151  by Sandy Burton

Expect the first stone train from Driftwood today. :-D

Sandy

#431163  by railwatcher

I split this from the thread so we can watch these Buffalo Line doings and see what's happening. :-D

#431208  by Luther Brefo

Otto Vondrak wrote:After the end of this week, do we want to put Buffalo Line sightings into the WNYP Movements thread?
I agree. After all it is all the same railroad now. :)