• Buena Vista to Cape May seashore

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by David

Good job on that report, Mike! :-D

by prt1607j

id like to see that too.. the only problem is the guy that owns the Company wants to frieght but most of the line from 4h fair grounds to just south of tuckahoe or wood bine i forget is all 5mph territory. if he wants to do any of this and make money.. hes gottta repair all that trackage. as it ia already the state of NJ and cape may county are dishin out cash for this as he wants to run passenger. only way to run passenger would be rebuild the whole line 4h north and take good care of it... any way i hear he wants to do frieght service.. which to me would be pretty cool
  by Douglas John Bowen

Cape May County dishing out cash for trains? That's news to NJ-ARP. We're aware of Cape May County habitually dishing out dirt when it comes to Cape May Seashore Lines (passenger or freight) service.

Chamber of Commerce mention of CMSL? Not for Cape May County. Shuttle assistance to the zoo as an alternative to auto congestion? Not for Cape May County (no, it charged CMSL for the "privilege" of shuttling customers via connecting bus to its zoo -- free for automobiles, though).

NJDOT has been more charitable, while New Jersey Transit has been benignly neglectful. The impetus, and progress, on the Cape May Branch has come from various local municipalites, with Tuckahoe, Woodbine, and Richlands (Buena Vista) leading the pack as of late.

by JJMDiMunno

prt1607j wrote:id like to see that too.. the only problem is the guy that owns the Company wants to frieght but most of the line from 4h fair grounds to just south of tuckahoe or wood bine i forget is all 5mph territory. if he wants to do any of this and make money.. hes gottta repair all that trackage. as it ia already the state of NJ and cape may county are dishin out cash for this as he wants to run passenger. only way to run passenger would be rebuild the whole line 4h north and take good care of it... any way i hear he wants to do frieght service.. which to me would be pretty cool
It's actually excepted track, 10MPH between Woodbine and Cape May Courthouse (4H)...but the new freight service won't utilize this portion. The new freight service will run from Tuckahoe to Woodbine only, locomotives will be stored at Tuckahoe so as to minimize equipment transfers over the bad track. The track from Tuckahoe to Woodbine is in fact in nice shape, now 25MPH FRA class II rail.

Once again, there will be no freight service south of Woodbine, for now at least...

Mike DiMunno
www.SJRail.com: All about South Jersey Railroads!

by Ken W2KB

So the middle, more or less, of the Tuckahoe - Cape May trackage is what remains to be refurbished?

by David

That is correct.