• Bucksport Branch activity & news

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

• 338 posts
  by gokeefe

Are these boxcars that where elsewhere on Pan Am or have they just arrived on the property? Seems like they ha e more now than before ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by NHV 669

These came from Old Town, sounds like they pulled them out of Bucksport, just to get to the center beams and a few others.
  by gokeefe

Ok that clarification is much appreciated. So the current total of box cars stored in Bucksport is the same as it was previously?

by NHV 669

Based on the counts from the previous videos, there are now 34 fewer boxcars than were originally brought down (221).
  by codasd

Is there an AAR negotiated rate for railroads to store cars on their property. Is see private companies that advertise yard storage at a daily rate per car.
  by gokeefe

Thanks for the car count NHV 669. Much appreciated.

by b&m 1566

I haven't looked at the filing from CSX, but after reading another post about the Madison Branch abandonment, was this branch included, or is CSX going to retain it for the time being?
  by MEC407

Just the Madison Branch for now.