Railroad Forums 

• Bucksport Branch activity & news

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1535801  by BBruin66

Looks like tie removal is happening in the North Yard at Bucksport today? Two rail trucks, two smaller machines (didn't get a good look at them) and no piles of new ties around.
 #1541152  by BBruin66

507 & 305? moving 115 (not a typo!) empties south past North Bucksport. Engines at the rear. A few center-beams, but mostly boxcars.

Word is they'll go as far as this crossing: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.6179394,-68.8264861,17z

Presumably the engines then come back up right away.

I believe a lot of the cars have been being stored north of this crossing for at least a week: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.7052566 ... 463,15.83z

Turns out Bucksport hasn't seen it's last train yet. :-D
 #1546448  by gokeefe

My dark blue crystal ball is cloudy (as usual) ... The mysteries of the Oracle at Billerica are as inscrutable as ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#1551410  by gokeefe

Interesting to see all the box cars reported as heading for Old Town ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#1551709  by backroadrails

They had to pull the cars off the branch to pull the ceterbeams which are going to NBSR. I think the rail boxes are going to OT as well, and the rest will be placed on the branch at some point.