Railroad Forums 

• Bringing LV equipment to Victor Rail Days...

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#486008  by Lehighton_Man

Otto--
Its still pre-matured idea being thrown about within the museum, but the Village of Victor is already putting things into action for it. Im sure an article would appear in the newspaper about it as the date for it rounds near.
And your right, we all have much enthusiasm, but yet again, it brings the denotation of Money to mind. Like otto said, unless some guy with truckloads of dollar bills, mysteriously appears from the mist, who also happened to be a Lehigh Valley Enthusiast(one in a quad-druplexed-million chance..) and pay for the things, i'm sure theres no way to get anything former Lehigh Valley up on those tracks. It would be nice, but its not just plausible. Maybe though, keep this idea as a floater, kind-of like oil and water, even thought they dont mix, oil floats on water, just to toss possible ideas around.
who knows, something could happen to make these things happen, it just all comes down to one word. Money.
Cheers,
Sean

#486888  by Otto Vondrak

Instead of worrying about engines and equipment many miles away (And many years from restoration), how about another option? Hey Sean, wanna help out? We have an REAL, honest-to-goodness LV locomotive just a few miles away in Rochester that needs some TLC, and we'd be willing to teach anyone willing to come and spend a few hours with her...

http://www.rgvrrm.org/about/railroad/lv211/

-otto-

#487068  by lvrr325

Let's see. LV 211 = real LV engine 1969-1976; has roller bearings, servicable air brakes, located on a short line; one CSX local could pick up and drop off in the same trip to the Finger Lakes RR to deliver to the Ontario Central.

You want an LV engine in Victor, that's probably the single most logical choice to ask about, the only way the logistics could be better is if the CNY Chapter had one in Martisco.

#493453  by JRichter

Thanks for the info. I am one of the group planning the Victor event to be held on May 31, 2008. We've been looking for LV equip to participate.

Does anyone know where we can find a steam engine to attend?

#493656  by bwparker1

JRichter wrote:Thanks for the info. I am one of the group planning the Victor event to be held on May 31, 2008. We've been looking for LV equip to participate.

Does anyone know where we can find a steam engine to attend?
Any Steam Engine or a LV Steam Engine? There are no more LV Steam Engines, all were scrapped. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to get any Steam Engine to Victor unless someone with really deep pockets is going to pay for this move.

BWP

#493792  by JRichter

Thanks and yes, as there all LV steam is gone, "any" steam will do. I have heard there is an 0-4-0T in Dunkirk, NY that maybe available. Does anyone know about this engine and how to contact the owner?

#494597  by WNYP431

So.....211 may go to Victor, huh?

Gee...that'll be swell.

...swell.
 #494710  by Matt Langworthy

JRichter wrote:Thanks for the info. I am one of the group planning the Victor event to be held on May 31, 2008.
Ummm... my calender says 5/31 will be a Wednesday. Are you really planning to hold it during the middle of the week? If that really is the case, I would suggest a weekend in June instead.

BTW, Memorial Day could be a toughie as alot of people (me included) travel on that weekend.

#494722  by BR&P

Matt - I thought of a dozen sarcastic put-downs but choked them all back. Just go look at a 2008 calendar again.
 #495419  by Matt Langworthy

OK... beat me with a wet noodle. I deserve the put-downs because I was flat-out wrong on the date... looking at the 2007 calender instead of 2008.

Good luck to all involved.

#495776  by BR&P

Uh, Matt, ......you might want to get somebody to show you how to use one of those calendar things. May 31st in 2007 was a THURSDAY.

#497126  by Otto Vondrak

Matt, I sentence you to eight hours of mandatory remedial calendar safety training. :-)

WNYP431- LV 211 is NOT, repeat NOT going to Victor or anywhere else off museum property. I was inviting our enthusiastic young Sean to come to INDUSTRY to apply his energy on preserving an existing, operating LV locomotive.

JRichter - Moving any equipment by rail or by truck to your site for a weekend is going to be a prohibitively expensive proposition without some sort of public-private investment.

-otto-

#497154  by Lehighton_Man

i actually sent an email to you guys about joining the RGVRRM to be w/ 211 otto, but sadly i never got a reply back.
as for equipment in Victor, FGLK power will just have-to suffice for now, very sad to say on my part. Maybe someone could buy 414 *wink* *Wink* and bring it up here.
for the person who said they own Business car 353 and LV 408, are they both still in your posession?
I am curious to know more.
Email me at [email protected]