west point wrote: ↑Sun May 07, 2023 11:05 am There is a big problem with the Brightline passenger demands. How can it have enough equipment for Sunday's return traffic to LAX that will not be needed except for traffic to LVS on Fridays?Brightline's EA states that I-15 carries 85% of the traffic between LA and LV. It also states 50 million passenger trips between these two cities. Meaning the airlines carries 7.5 million passengers per year between these two cities. I doubt half of them take the plane on Sunday. I also doubt half the drivers drive on Sunday.
Brightline West predicts gaining less than 10 million passengers by 2034. If successful, at best in the next 10 years, they will capture 20% of the total market. That still leaves 80% doing what they are doing now. How many from private drivers or from planes will be taken off the roads or skies has yet to be seen.
It is certainly wrong to expect Brightline West to earn 100% market share anytime soon.