Railroad Forums 

• Brightline Dispatching Coca to Orlando

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1621165  by MNCRR9000

I was curious who dispatches the Brightline segment from Cocoa to Orlando. I believe the Miami to Cocoa segment is Florida East Coast was wondering if it is the same.
 #1621175  by Erie-Lackawanna

I can’t answer your question directly, but when Brightline started up, FEC split the dispatching office off into a joint FEC/Brightline subsidiary called Florida Dispatch Company, with the intent that the dispatchers wouldn’t favor either carrier.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new segment is dispatched by FDC.

Jim
 #1622087  by electricron

MNCRR9000 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:33 am
Jeff Smith wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:01 am What is the track usage situation south of Cocoa? Does the FEC and Brightline share tracks?
From my understanding south of Cocoa they share tracks with the FEC.
Which is why the trains average speed between Miami and Orlando will be around 80 mph. At least they will be double tracking the line from Cocoa to Miami so the trains can pass one another without one coming to a complete stop in a passing siding. Which is why the train's average speed will be more than 50 mph.