• Brightline (All Aboard Florida) Orlando - Miami FL FEC fka Virgin Rail

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

by gokeefe

daybeers wrote:Will this have any effect on operations or funding other than the rebranding of MiamiCentral back to Brightline?
Probably not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by NaugyRR

We're flying Jetblue BDL to MCO for a week in Disney in early December, so I'm excited to use the new terminal. We were last there in 2019 so it'll be cool to see what's changed. We also have TSA PreCheck this time around which I'm truly looking forward to. The only downside to the new terminal is going to be a longer APM ride from airside to the main concourse to check in to the Hyatt for our first night, but that's a minor grievance (if one at all).

I was hoping to go for a joyride on Brightline but that's not going to happen with their opening time-frame. At the very least I should be able to spot a couple of their trains from the new terminal and the rooftop pool/room patio at the Hyatt.

It also sounds like I'll be missing out on the steam trains at Magic Kingdom, but that's another story.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Naugy, I'm "going down" in both Jan and Feb. Jan is Miami (fly; no rent) and Feb is Boca (drive down, visit en route friends Ocala, Atlanta, Nashville).

I don't expect Brightline to be ready for either trip. On the Jan trip, for my second of the two nights, could do a Miami Central- W Palm, Dinner at a Ruth's, then back.

I don't know if the Boca stop will be open for my Feb trip - and I would want secure parking as "Lady Lex" is "not happy" with anything less (she "doesn't know what the street is for anything other than driving").

So, I fear a Miami-McCoy "joyride" will have to wait for another year - and I'm running out of those!!!