• Brentwood Derailment

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by mwichten

I caught this picture via Stringernews.....

Stringer News (@Stringernews) tweeted at 5:25am - 10 Jan 14:

Brentwood, NY- LIRR freight train derailment causing massive delays. #lirr pic.twitter.com/UnFmghRp0c https://twitter.com/Stringernews/status ... 1223918593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MTA website says service is restored but to expect delays.
  by Amtrak7

Service was restored with a single track for the AM rush. Massive delays to 2008 and post-peak service because of the single tracking. Service is now suspended again.
  by jayrmli

Broken wheel on a freight car. A crane needs to come out and swap the wheel out on site. Lucky this happened where it did at low speed or this would have been a bad one...
  by Amtrak7

Summary of the service situation so far, per alerts:

-2000, 2001 got through before the incident.
-2002 terminated at Farmingdale
-2003 was canceled.
-2004 made its way to KO singletracking, 30+min late.
-2005/2006 originated/terminated at Farmingdale.
-AM peak ran with some minor delays.
-2008 arrived KO almost 30min late.
-2010 arrived KO on-time.
-2037 left KO 35+ min late.
-Service east of Farmingdale suspended starting with 2012 and 2039.
-Eastbound service resuming with 2054. Westbound remain suspended.

Does KO Yard not fill to capacity for the PM rush? Because 2054, 2056, 2094 won't have a chance to flip back, and neither will the last few PM peak departures.
  by SwingMan

You got the Certified Siding as well as track 0 in the yard.
  by Amtrak7

Another derailment, LIRR claims east of Deer Park so it's probably Pineaire, RS80, sigletracking in effect.
  by RestrictOnTheHanger

Happened on the westbound track just east of the executive dr crossing. Looked like a long freight too. I got held up at Farmingdale because of this and the mess was quite visible driving down Long Island Ave
  by Amtrak7

RestrictOnTheHanger wrote:Happened on the westbound track just east of the executive dr crossing. Looked like a long freight too. I got held up at Farmingdale because of this and the mess was quite visible driving down Long Island Ave
By "mess" are you implying that this is more than just, say, a picked switch with an axle or two off the rails?
  by lirr42

Anyone know what caused the mess?
  by Teutobergerwald

I passed over Pine-aire Yard N/B on the Sagtikos at 12:45. There were two GP38-2's switching the yard and siding, separately. I take it today's mishap happened after that time? Anymore information?