Railroad Forums 

• Boston and Worcester Street Railway

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1527757  by WorldwideRailfan (Youtube)

Time to re-open this can of worms! I was always told as a kid that there was a trolley that ran down route 9. I live right next to route 9 and I have recently become very interested in the B&W. I'd love to model it but I don't know what colors it is. I found a pretty good blueprint of the cars used by the B&W but again, I don't know what colors to paint my model. Any help is accepted!
 #1609237  by MaineCoonCat

jwhite07 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:03 pm This colorized photo seems to suggest... maroon and cream or white, maybe?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... stcard.jpg
Just found this thread. Regards the colors in the photo, they appear to match the scheme on the buses I remember belching bluish black diesel smoke on Route 9 and Route 20. I remember the smell if you were unfortunate enough to be in the first vehicle behind one.

O. R. Cummings had an interesting history of the line in his book "Trolleys Along The Turnpike", a copy of which I purchased at Edaville decades ago. I believe it's long out of print but copies are still available through sources such as E-Bay...
 #1609459  by edbear

Trolley Along the Turnpike is a redo and update of TROLLEY AIR LINE by O R Cummings, issued by the Connecticut Valley Chapter of the NRHS, 1954